Hi guys! Today I’ll be reviewing a mini speaker from SonicGear which is the SONICUBE. It’s a lightweight speaker which is powered via USB interface such as power banks or laptop and uses 3.5mm audio jack for audio input. This speaker can be used as an inexpensive alternative to play audio louder in scenarios where your device couldn’t output loud audio.
- Total ouitput power RMS: 6 watts
- Total built-in driver: 2 x 2″
- Driver impedance: 4 Ohms
- Frequency Response: 100Hz ~ 20KHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >=75dB
- Input power: USB 5V, 1000mA
Packaging-1: Here is the front of the packaging that displays the one of the speaker.
Packaging-2: On the side of the speaker lists the technical specifications of the speaker.
Design-1: Both speakers are placed on the flatten corner so it looks slightly special.
Design-2: From the rear, you can see that the bottom of the speaker is flatten to allow it to sit on those corners.
Design-3: The USB is used to power up the speaker while the 3.5mm audio jack is to stream the audio signal from the audio source to the speaker.
SonicGear SONICUBE Speaker Unboxing
SonicGear SONICUBE Speaker Sound Test
- Inexpensive and lightweight speaker.
- The speaker sound will be distorted when the volume is set above 20% or playing heavy bass music.
- Outputs white noise when there is no audio signal from audio source or when not connected to audio device.
- Could not stream music from audio source via USB, will need to rely on the 3.5mm audio jack.
- The audio cable is slightly messy. It can be enhanced by having 1 cable from passive speaker to the active speaker and have 1 cable housing both USB and 3.5mm audio cable.
SonicGear Product Reviews
- SonicGear Aquarius Fountain Speaker Review
- SonicGear Blue Cube Speaker Review
- SonicGear BlueSports 5 Earphone Review
- SonicGear KBX900 RGB Boombox Speaker Review
- SonicGear P5000 Moby Speaker Review
- SonicGear Pandora Mini Speaker Review
- SonicGear SonicBar 3000 BTMI Sound Bar Review
- SonicGear SONICUBE Speaker Review
- SonicGear SPACE Series S3 S5 S7 Speaker Review
- SonicGear Titan 11 2.1 Speaker Review