Hi guys! Today I’ll be reviewing SonicGear Blue Cube speaker which is launched in Q1 2019. It’s a USB Powered mini powerful speaker with Bluetooth 5.2 capabilities. The SonicGear Blue Cube can play music by connecting it to an audio device via wired 3.5mm audio jack or wirelessly with Bluetooth. SonicGear also provide an app called SonicGo that can be downloaded from Google Play or Apple App Store to your smartphone. Having that app, you can stream your favorite FM radio to the speaker. The price of SonicGear Blue Cube is approximately RM28.
Note: This speaker has various models (peach, white, black, mint). The model that I have with me its the white model.
- USB Powered Speakers
- 2 x 2.5W RMS Output
- Advanced Bluetooth version 5.2
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz – 20 KHz
Packaging: The SonicGear BlueCube speaker is packaged in a white and transparent plastic box. The front displays a glimpse of the speaker. The rear of the packaging briefly lists the specifications of this speaker. In addition, it mentions that it has an application that can be downloaded and installed from Google Play for Android OS and Apple App Store for iPhone iOS.
Design-1: Here is an overview look of the speaker. There are 2 cubes, each cube has 1 speaker driver. Both cubes are linked to a USB connector which houses some electronic component that allows it to receive Bluetooth signal from your smartphone or any Bluetooth devices that acts as the audio source for music. It comes with a 3.5mm audio jack cable.
Design-2: Here is a closer look at the speaker cubes. The front of the speaker has these plastic horizontal cuttings that allows the sound to disperse whereas the rear has a mini port hole for the air to enter and exit when the speaker drivers vibrate.
SonicGear Blue Cube Speaker Sound Test (Instrumental, Vocal, Techno, Trance, Bass)
- Affordable, simple, lightweight and portable mini speaker that can be used with laptops.
- Speaker capable of playing music wired via 3.5mm audio jack and wirelessly with Bluetooth.
- Soft buzzing white noise emitted from the speaker when there is no music played.
- Unable to stream audio to laptop or desktop computers via USB only. Requires the 3.5mm audio jack connection.
- Lacks a subwoofer to provide a fuller richer sound in the mid and lower frequencies.
- The speaker drivers audio dispersion sounds quite narrow, so it’s best to place it facing directly pointed to the ears.
SonicGear Product Reviews
- SonicGear Aquarius Fountain Speaker Review
- SonicGear Blue Cube Speaker Review
- SonicGear BlueSports 5 Earphone Review
- SonicGear KBX900 RGB Boombox Speaker Review
- SonicGear P5000 Moby Speaker Review
- SonicGear Pandora Mini Speaker Review
- SonicGear SonicBar 3000 BTMI Sound Bar Review
- SonicGear SONICUBE Speaker Review
- SonicGear SPACE Series S3 S5 S7 Speaker Review
- SonicGear Titan 11 2.1 Speaker Review