Hi guys! Today I’ll be reviewing the AudioBox BBX800 Speaker. It’s a portable boombox speaker that is capable of producing loud music in large spaces, which is great for both indoor and outdoor usages. In addition, these speakers are TWS capable (True Wireless Stereo) which means you can pair another BBX800 to deliver decent stereo audio sound effect to your audiences. The speaker is available for purchase from Leapfrog Official Store at Shopee for RM 159.
Note: The speaker size is similar to a travel baggage and it has wheels at the bottom for you to bring around effortlessly.
- Loud and clear up to 150 meter square room
- TWS (Truo Wireless Stereo) ready, allow to connect 2 speaker at one time
- 2400mAh large capacity battery (up to 1.5 hours max. vulume playing time)
- Unique portable trolley design
- Free Wireless Microphone included
- Comes with remote control
- Multiple Audio Input Sources: Bluetooth, USB, Aux, Micro SD, FM
- Bluetooth 4.2 + EDR (10 meter non-obstructed range from audio source)
- Extend Playback Time with a Power Bank
- Stream audio from all Bluetooth Devices Gadgets Wirelessly
- Karaoke Function with Wireless Microphone
- Up to 6 hours of playback at 50% volume
- Total System Power: 34 Watts
- Pure System Power (RMS): 17 Watts
- Driver Impedance: 4 Ohm
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz – 20 KHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 80dB
- Speaker Driver: 8 inch
- Bluetooth Version: 4.2 + EDR + TWS
- Bluetooth Transmission Distaince: Up to 10m
- USB & TF Card: Support Up to 16GB
- Battery Capacity: 2400 mAh
- Battery Charging Time: 80% in 2.5 Hours
- Playback Time: Up to 6 hours
- 1 x Speaker
- 1 x Remote Control
- 1 x Wireless Microphone
- 1 x AUX In to 3.5mm audio cable
- 1 x USB Charging Cable
- 2 x AA Battery for the Microphone
- 1 x User Manual
Packaging-1: The front of the packaging displays a glimpse of the speaker that includes a free wireless microphone and remote control. In addition, it lists the speaker functionalities such as multiple audio inputs (AUX In, TF Card Music Playback, FM Radio, USB Audio Playback), Wireless Remote Control, Rechargeable Battery, MP3 Music Playback and support for Bluetooth TRS Ready. The rear of the packaging lists the features and a brief specification of the speaker and a 1 year warranty.
Packaging-2: The left side of the packaging displays the BBX800 TWS (True Wireless Stereo Technology) mechanics. Pair 2 AudioBox BBX800 to produce stereo audio effect in a large room! The right side of the packaging lists the details of the specifications. Also, the speaker is illuminated with 7 color lighting effects.
Design-1: Here is a quick look at the AudioBox BBX800 speaker from the front and rear. The front has the model name and the AudioBox branding. The speaker driver and speaker tweeter is protected with a grill mesh. On the rear, you can find the speaker interface which you can control the speaker volume and microphone volume. In addition, you can there are multiple audio inputs you can plug to this speaker.
Design-2: Here is a closer look at the speaker when its turned on. There is a RGB L.E.D that illuminates the large main speaker driver with 7 lighting color effects. This feature can be turned off to conserve battery of the speaker or to avoid distracting the audience when the host is speaking.
Design-3: Here is a close up of the AudioBox BBX800 rear. As you can see, there are 3 knobs to control the speaker treble, speaker bass and speaker volume. The speaker volume knob acts as a switch to turned on/off the speaker too. There are 2 more knobs near the bottom which controls the microphone input and microphone echo. There are mini buttons to control the music playback in case the remote control is out of battery. There is 2 ports to insert the TF Card and USB to play music through these devices. This speaker uses a micro-USB slot to recharge the built-in battery.
Design-4: Both sides of the speaker are the same. The speaker is built with rugged black plastic all around which is quite sturdy. There aren’t any rattling components when its being shaken.
Design-5: The top of the speaker has a handle bar and a handle bar button that allows user to extend the handle to move the speaker around.
Design-6: The speaker handle can be extended in 2 modes: half and maximum length. The half extension length is approximately 11 inches while the maximum length is approximately 19 inches.
Design-7: The bottom of the speaker has 2 wheels for portability and the bottom has a hole to insert the speaker pole tripod and a knob to tighten to the pole.
- The built-in battery in the speaker is rechargeable. No worries about purchasing separate batteries.
- Uses micro-USB cable to recharge battery which is common among smartphone charging cable.
- Has trolley wheels at the bottom which makes it quite convenient to bring it around.
- Speaker can be setup on a speaker pole tripod to delivery better audio coverage to the audiences.
- TWS (True Wireless Stereo) feature allows a single audio source to play 2 AudioBox BBX800 simultaneously.
- Produces very loud and clear audio in a large area/hall.
- Sturdy built quality all-around while maintaining a lightweight portfoilo.
- AudioBox BBX800 tweeter produces a soft static sound when connected to audio devices wirelessly/wired.
AudioBox Product Reviews
- AudioBox BBX800 Speaker Review
- AudioBox SonicBar BT150 and U150 Soundbar Speaker Review
- AudioBox Thor7000 5.1 Speaker Review