Hi guys! Today I’ll be reviewing the Armaggeddon Nuke 11 Headset. This RGB gaming headset is recently released in 2018 to cater for gamers who are looking for a 7.1 surround sound for better gaming experience where they want to locate enemies or identify where the sound source is coming from. This headset only comes in black model. The pricing of the Armaggeddon Nuke 11 headset is approximately RM 169.
Note: Unlike the Armaggeddon Nuke 7 headset which has 2 models (Kevlar and Ironsight), the Nuke 11 earcup comes with 1 design but has 3 different RGB lighting patterns which you can choose at a click of a button!
- Ultra-Durable Kevlar™ Reinforced Cable
- Oval Ear Cushions: Designed for full-ear coverage
- Perfect for Long-Wearing Comfort
- Extra Large 50mm drivers with neodyium magnets
- Driver Size: 50mm, With Neodymium Magnets
- Driver Frequency Range: 20 ~ 20 KHz
- Driver Impedance: 32 Ohms +/- 5
- Driver Sensitivity (@1 KHz): 112 dB
- Input Power: 55 mW (MAX)
- Mic Impedance: 2.2 K Ohm
- Mic Sensitivity: -43 +/- 3 dB
- Connection Type: USB Digital
- OS Requirement: WinXP/Win7/Win8/Win10
- Cable Length: 2.2m
- Net Weight: 348g
- 1 x Nuke 11 Headset
- 1 x User Manual
Packaging-1: The front packaging displays a portion of the headset through the transparent plastic. In addition, it labels this headset as the ultimate 7.1 gaming headset with programmable RGB lights. The rear packaging list down the features of the headset along with the specifications and a brief description about the Armaggeddon company.
Packaging-2: The right side of the packaging is transparent to give the user a glimpse of how the product looks like. The left side of the Nuke 11 packaging displays the headset driver specifications, microphone specifications, headset form factor and package contents.
Packaging-3: Here are all the contents from the packaging! The Armaggeddon Nuke 11 headset and a user manual. There are some protective plastics on the metal band to prevent scratches and fingerprints on it. In addition, they had the QC (Quality Check) sticker stuck on the headband. I wished that they had place it on the plastic earcup because the sticky glue is difficult to be removed on the headband fabric.
Design-1: Here is an overview of the headset from the front. This headset shares the same structure as the Armaggeddon Nuke 7 headset. It uses a flexible headband for adjustment and also a flexible microphone. There are some protruding wires in between the headband and the ear cup.
Design-2: The top of the headband has the Armaggeddon branding and its structure its held together by 2 pieces of flat durable metal coated in black paint.
Design-3: The Armaggeddon Nuke 11 utilizes flexible headband rather than the traditional locking ratchet. This flexibility helps user to automatically adjust both sides of the earcup to fit the person’s head when wearing them.
Design-4: The bottom of the headset does not feature any buttons. All the buttons are located on the cable itself.
Design-5: Here are both left and right sides of the headset with beautiful RGB colors. You can switch to different RGB patterns at a click of a button!
Design-6: Both of the USB cable and microphone are hardwired to the headset.
Design-7: The earcup cushion depth is 2.5cm, width is 2.5cm and the inner diameter is 6cm. The thick black ear cup cushion is quite plushy which provides comfort for long period usage and isolates some environment noises.
Design-8: This is the control that allows user to adjust the volume, toggling the microphone capability and echo mode. It also has a button to switch 3 different RGB color pattern (static, cycle a set of colors in sequence and swirling of rainbow color). The Serial Unique ID for warranty purposes is located behind the control.
Design-9: This headset weighs around 370g without cable and 470g with cables.
- Decent audio quality for its price. Crystal clear highs and mids.
- Solid build construction with no ratling components.
- Flexible microphone that can be adjusted closer to the mouth.
- Earcup cushions are soft and comfortable for long term usage.
- Earcup does not have the articulation pivot for adjustability to fit the person’s head which results in having small gaps that allows external noise to leak in.
- The headset produces soft bass effect by default. This can be fixed by using a third party software which allows customizing of audio equalizer for more bass effect.
- The flexible loose headband coupled with bulky earcup results in the ear cushion hanging on top of the ear rather than around it.
Areas for Improvement
- Implement an articulating pivot in between the headband and the speaker driver to allow earcup to fit snuggly.
- Reduce the weight of the headset and cable as it feels rather bulky.
- Tighten the flexible headband or provide a way for user to customize the flexible headband tightness.
- Reposition the controls to the headset rather than having it on the cable.
- Include more RGB color patterns, a random pattern cycle and ability to switch off RGB too.
- Update the packaging details that its using rounded earcup cushion as its not oval shape.
- Trim the excessive wires that is protruding in between the headband and earcup cushion so it does get tangled in the user’s hair.
- Implement RGB lighting on the microphone where when the mic lights up indicates it is enabled and vice versa.
Armaggeddon Product Reviews
- Armaggeddon Alcatroz X-Craft Chroma3000 Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon Fuze 7 Scarlet Soviets Red Headset Review
- Armaggeddon Grumman Raven-III Gaming Mouse Review
- Armaggeddon Kalashinikov AK-550i Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon Mark 5 Gaming Earphones Review
- Armaggeddon MKA-11R RGB Eagle Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon MKA-13R RGB Eagle Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon MKA-5R RGB Falcon Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon MKA8C Psych Raven Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon NRO-5 Starship III Gaming Mouse Review
- Armaggeddon Nuke 11 Ultimate 7.1 RGB Gaming Headset Review
- Armaggeddon Nuke 7 Ultimate 7.1 RGB Gaming Headset Review
- Armaggeddon Panzer III Elefant 2.1 Speaker Review
- Armaggeddon Pulse 7 Gaming Headset 2018 Edition Review
- Armaggeddon Puma III Speaker Review
- Armaggeddon SwiftSpectra AK-333S Gaming Keyboard Review