Hi guys! Today I’ll be reviewing the Armaggeddon MKA5R RGB Falcon Keyboard. This tenkeyless mechanical keyboard feels slimmer and lighter than traditional mechcanical keyboard as it tosses away the numpad to allow mouse to be closer. This keyboard comes equipped with concave keycaps which provides great feeling when typing. Each keycaps are fade proof which means they do printed alphanumeric symbols will not fade after using it many hours. The Blue switches are all capable of RGB lighting. Having this feature, you can customize the lighting effect too according to your preference. The price of this keyboard is approximately RM120 which is quite affordable as similar keyboards in the market are within the range of RM200~500. Before diving into the review, let’s check out the features and technical specifications.
Note: There are over 15 RGB Lighting Effect to choose from: Breathing (single color), Breathing (8 color cycle), Strobe, Waterfall, Rainbow swirl, Water Ripple, Disco, Tap to Blink, Snake, Waves, Tap to Glow, Sine wave and Static. You can also customize brightness and lighting speed effect.
- Concave KevlarTech Keycaps with lifetime fadeproof warranty.
- 16.8 Million Customizable RGB LED Backlight – Individually lit keys with 16.8 million colours to choose from, 14 EFX, 5 game lightnign profiles and adjsuttables brightness and speed.
- Gaming mode option for deactivation of Windows Key.
- Total Travel: 3.60~4.00mm
- Work Travel: 2.20 +/- 0.6mm
- Work Force: 50+/- 5gf
- Tactile/Operating Force: 60+/- 5gf
- Tactile Travel: 1.8mm
- Trigger Force: Min 30gf, Max 65gf
- Top Panel: High quality polypropylene with brush metal finish.
- Key caps: 87 x KevlarTech high quality keycaps with lifetime fade proof warranty.
- Cable length: 1.8m
- LED Indicator: 1 x Capslock, 1 x Scroll lock
- System Requirements: 5V from USB Port, Plug & Play, Works on WinXP/Vista/Win7/Win8/Win10
Packaging-1: The top of the Armaggeddon MKA-5R RGB Falcon packaging displays the model name which is “MKA-5R RGB Falcon” along with a glimpse of the keyboard. It looks quite similar to the Armaggeddon MKA-5R RGB Hornet but without the aluminum panel, 3-way USB cable management and adjustable polling rate. This keyboard implements detachable cable for improved mobility. You can swap in a shorter or longer micro-USB to USB cable to connect the keyboard to your device (e.g. laptop/keyboard/smartphone).
Packaging-2: The bottom of the Armaggeddon MKA-5R RGB Falcon packaging describes a list of features, technical specifications, keyboard form factor and system requirements to use this keyboard. In addition, Armaggeddon provides 2 years warranty for this keyboard, so you can have a peace of mind when using this keyboard for a long time.
Unboxing The keyboard is protected with bubble wraps. The USB cable is placed snuggly in the bottom of the box compartment of this packaging.
Design-1: The front of the Armaggeddon MKA-5R packaging displays the keyboard model “MKA-5R RGB Falcon”. It also highlights that is a light-weight keyboard and comes with detachable cable for improved mobility.
Design-2: The keycap is made using double-shot aka double injection molding process which means the keycap is produced when two layers of plastic are molded into each other. The benefit of this is it allows the RGB lighting effect to shine through semi-transparent plastic while the alphanumeric symbols on the keycap does not fade as they are moulded rather than printed. Keycap puller is not provided in the packaging. Use fingers to gently pull the keycap out to perform dusting easily.
Design-3: For the larger keyboard buttons, it uses Switches on all corners (e.g. SPACEBAR, ENTER, SHIFT keys). This makes it easy to remove and install the keycaps compared to the ones that are using metal wire which is found in traditional keyboard.
Design-4: From the sides, you can see that the keycaps are concave. Concave keycaps provides more comfort and better feel when sliding fingers over it to get the correct position. In addition, you can use a painting brush to brush off the dust around the corners of the keycap starting from center to outside.
Design-5 Here is an overview look of the rear of the keyboard. It has a micro-USB port for you to connect with the provided detachable micro-USB to USB cable.
Design-6: This is the provided detachable micro-USB to USB cable. It measures 1.8m in length.
Design-7: The Armaggeddon MKA-5R RGB Falcon bottom has 4 anti-slip pads at each corner to prevent the keyboard from easily slipping on your desk. You can tilt the top of the keyboard upwards if its you would like to view the keyboard symbols better. The Serial Number is located at the bottom of the keyboard too to be used for warranty purposes.
Design-8: Here is a closer look of the anti-slip pads. The bottom feels like it has a matte texture.
Design-9: The bottom have a sticker guide on how to operate the Armaggeddon MKA-5R RGB Falcon mechcanical keyboard. Use the Fn (Function Key) to customize the keyboard. This is quite useful in case you lost your user manual guide.
Key Combination Function
Fn + ESC – Quick reset to static light mode
Fn + F1 – Media Player
Fn + F2 – Decrease volume
Fn + F3 – Increase volume
Fn + F4 – Mute
Fn + F5 – Previous Track
Fn + F6 – Next Track
Fn + F7 – Play/Pause
Fn + F8 – Stop
Fn + F9 – E-mail
Fn + F10 – Homepage
Fn + F11 – My Computer
Fn + F12 – Calculator
Fn + PRINTSCREEN – Stealth mode (lights off)
Fn + INSERT – Change light mode
Fn + DELETE – Change color
Fn + (1~5) – Select profile L1 to L5
Fn + (Left~Right) – Increase/Decrease speed of lighting effect.
Unboxing Armaggeddon MKA-5R RGB Falcon Mechanical Keyboard
Typing Test Armaggeddon MKA-5R RGB Falcon Mechanical Keyboard
Armaggeddon MKA-5R RGB Falcon Lighting Effects Customization
- Inexpensive mechanical keyboard with jam packed features from mechanical keyboards that cost 2~3 times more.
- Provides variety of RGB lighting effects to choose from with various customization.
- Armaggeddon provides a software driver for this keyboard for further customization such as macro keys.
- Light-weight portable keyboard with solid construction.
- The typing force of the MKA-5R RGB Falcon Blue switch keyboard is in between the original Blue Cherry Switches and Black Cherry Switches.
- The gap is narrower between the F1~F12 keys with the numeric symbols and BackSpace button.
Armaggeddon Product Reviews
- Armaggeddon Alcatroz X-Craft Chroma3000 Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon Fuze 7 Scarlet Soviets Red Headset Review
- Armaggeddon Grumman Raven-III Gaming Mouse Review
- Armaggeddon Kalashinikov AK-550i Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon Mark 5 Gaming Earphones Review
- Armaggeddon MKA-11R RGB Eagle Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon MKA-13R RGB Eagle Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon MKA-5R RGB Falcon Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon MKA8C Psych Raven Mechanical Keyboard Review
- Armaggeddon NRO-5 Starship III Gaming Mouse Review
- Armaggeddon Nuke 11 Ultimate 7.1 RGB Gaming Headset Review
- Armaggeddon Nuke 7 Ultimate 7.1 RGB Gaming Headset Review
- Armaggeddon Panzer III Elefant 2.1 Speaker Review
- Armaggeddon Pulse 7 Gaming Headset 2018 Edition Review
- Armaggeddon Puma III Speaker Review
- Armaggeddon SwiftSpectra AK-333S Gaming Keyboard Review