Hi guys! Today I’ll be reviewing Alcatroz Jellybean U2000 Keyboard and Mouse combo. It’s an affordable lightweight wired keyboard and mouse that you can get for your computer or laptop. It’s keyboard has a special design key layout which allows the mouse to be positioned closer to your body. In addition, the mouse has a slim body that allows you to grasp it more comfortably for long hour usage.
- Soft and Silent Keypads: Slim and low profile, the 96 unique rounded keypads with soft and silent keystrokes give a unique typing experience.
- High Definition 1200 CPI Optical Mouse: 1200 CPI resolution enriches gaming eexperiences and enhacnes productivity.
- UV Coated Keypads: Ensures longer durability of the keypads lettering when compared with conventional silk screene keypads.
- High Quality Mouse Switches: With responsive and durable switches.
USB Wired Keyboard
- 96 unique rounded soft and silent keys with multimedia shortcut keys.
- The soft and silent keystrokes gives unique typing experience.
- UV Coated Keypads ensures longer durability of the keypad lettering when compared with conventional silk screeened keyboards.
USB Wired Mouse
- High-definition 1200 CPI wired optical mouse.
- Response and durable switches.
- Keyboard actual size: 385.5 x 134.8 x 28mm
- Mouse actual size: 100.5 x 60 x 35mm
Packaging-1: The front of the packaging displays the Jellybean U2000 mouse and keyboard. It comes in red and black theme. In addition, it highlights the 4 primary features which are USB wired keyboard and mouse (so no worries about replacing batteries), 1200 CPI Optical Mouse, slim and low profile key caps which gives the feel of a regular laptop keyboard and UV coated keycaps to prevent the keypad lettering from fading quickly.
Packaging-2: The rear of the packaging highlights the features and technical specifications of the product, along with a brief description of the company Alcatroz.
Design-1: Here is a overview of the Jellybean keyboard layout. The dedicated buttons such as “Home”, “End”, “Page Up”, “Page Down”, “Print Screen”, “Scroll Lock” and “Pause” are removed from the keyboard to allow smaller width keyboard. The “Insert” and “Delete” buttons are repositioned to the top, while the removed buttons are replaced by pressing the Numlock and then Fn (Function) Key and the Numpad on the right to enable the “Home”, “End”, “Page Up” and “Page Down” and “Delete”. Only the “Print Screen”, “Scroll Lock” and “Pause” buttons are not replaced.
Design-2: A closer look at the keyboard from the side reveals that these rounded buttons are flat and non-concave. The body structure of the keyboard does not have any sharp edges.
Design-3: Here is the bottom view of the keyboard. It does not have any legs to lift the keyboard up at a higher angle. However, it has this slight bump at the top to slightly tilt the keyboard facing the user so they can view the keys easily.
Design-4: The anti-slip pads are small and rounded in shape to prevent the keyboard from moving around on slippery surface.
Design-5: This is the Jellybean U2000 mouse. The body shape has a slight curve inwards at the mid section of the mouse.
Design-6: Both the right and left side of the mouse does not have any macro-able buttons. In addition, this mouse can be used by both left-handed and right-handed users (ambidextrous mouse) as both sides of the mouse are shaped symetrically.
Design-7: Here is both the top and bottom view of the Jellybean U2000 optical mouse. The botttom mouse padding is large and allows the mouse to be moved smoothly on desktop.
- Keyboard width is slightly smaller as dedicated buttons have been removed which allows the mouse to be positioned closer to the user.
- This combo pricing comes with both a mouse and keyboard which is essential for both computer usages.
- Lightweight and portable keyboard and mouse.
- The mouse switches is responsive and the shape of it is comfortable to use.
- The keyboard does not have any legs so tilt the keyboard higher.
- Lacks of spacing between the F1~F12 keys which makes it difficult to feel the group of keys.
- The keyboard key caps are not concave which makes it slightly difficult to keep fingers in position as a touch typist.
- Does not come with any multimedia shortcut keys (e.g. Mute/Play/Pause Music, Calculator).
- The cable hardwired from the keyboard is not centered and it may be some inconveniences arranging the cables.
- Keyboard button layout slightly different than traditional keyboards which may require some time getting use to it.
Alcatroz Product Reviews
- Alcatroz Air Shark Wireless Mouse Review
- Alcatroz Jellybean U2000 Keyboard Mouse Review
- Alcatroz Pebble Air Duo Wireless Ambidextrous Mouse Review
- Alcatroz X-Craft HP Gold Bluetooth Headset Review
- Alcatroz Xplorer Dock 1 Bluetooth Keyboard Review
- Alcatroz Xplorer Dock 2 Bluetooth Keyboard Review
- Alcatroz Xplorer GO! 100BT Bluetooth Keyboard Review
- Alcatroz Xplorer GO! 300BT Bluetooth Keyboard Review