Hi guys! Today I’ll be reviewing the Armaggeddon Pulse 7 Gaming Headset 2018. This headset focusses on strong bass lines and clear audio which is great for gaming, movie and music. It’s name is inspired by EMP (Electromagnetic Pulse Bombs). There are 2 models for this headset: All Black theme with either Soviet and Alliance logo on the sides and “Special Edition” headset that comes in white-brown theme. Armaggeddon is a gaming gear manufacturer based in Singapore, which specializes on gaming peripherals for casual and competitve gamers alike. It shares the same parent company as SonicGear and PowerLogic, that is under the Leapfroglobal Group. Before diving into the review, let’s check out the features and specifications of this speaker!
Overview: Here is a look at the entire headset. The headset with hard-wired cable that has an in-line volume controller (does not have mute button on it for the microphone) and 3 cables split at the end which are USB (for powering the headset RGB lighting), microphone jack and headphone jack.
- 7 Colour Lighting with Pulsating EFX
- Durable, Adjustable Headband
- In-line Volume Controller
- Foldable Microphone
Speaker Driver Specifications
- Driver diameter: 50mm
- Frequency range: 20-20KHz
- Impedance: 20 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 120dB+/- 3dB
- Output Power: 20mw
- Mic impedance: < 2.2K Ohm
- Sensitivity: -42 +/- 3dB
- Frequency Range: 20-~16KHz
- Directivity: omnidirectional
Pulse-7 Form Factor
- Ear Cushions: Vegan Leather
- Wire length: 2.2M +/- 3CM
- Chasis Materials: ABS + PP (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene + Polypropylene)
- Connector Type: USB + (2 x 3.5mm) Jack
- OS Requirement: WinXP / Win7 / Win8 / Win10
- Net weight: 280g
- Overall dimension: 205 x 222 x 87mm
- In-Line volume controller available.
Packaging: The front of the box displays the Armaggeddon Pulse 7 2018 Edition Headset sides. This new edition is tuned with 50mm Driver for Extra-Bass and it has 7 colour lighting with pulsating EFX (Effects)! I like this latest look compared to the previous edition which was released in 2016. On the back packaging, it displays the driver specifications, microphone specifications, pule-7 form factor and the content of it. In addition, it shows that it has an in-line volume controller, foldable microphone and a druable adjustable headband!
Design-1: On the left of the headset, there is a nice logo which has some transparent stripes to allow the RGB lighting to be displayed when the USB is connected to the power source such as laptop or PC.
Design-2: On the right of the headset, there is same logo like the left side and it has this foldable microphone which is made plastic. Therefore, the microphone is not able to bent towards to the user’s mouth.
Design-3: Here is a top view of the headset. (Left = Expanded Maximum, Right = Contracted).
Design-4: It does not have any ridges for user to feel the number of notches the headset that has being extended.
Design-5: Here is a close up of the headband from the top. It displays the Armaggeddon logo.
Design-6: Below the headband, there is a comfortable cushion headband.
Design-7: This is the in-line volume controller, It has a rotating dial to control the volume. There isn’t any mute mic button here or any other controls for the RGB lighting effect.
Design-8: This is the in-line volume controller. It has a dial to control volume. No other controls available here such as mute microphone nor control RGB lighting effect or color.
- Good value for money.
- Comfortable earcup cushions that does not have tight clamping pressure around the jaws.
- Lightweight headset with foldable microphone.
- Nice RGB (red/green/blue) lighting effects.
- Provides decent bass and good audio clarity for its price.
- The cables and in-line volume controller are kinda bulky which weights down the headset.
- USB is just to provide power to light up the headset. Not able to pass/receive audio signals.
- Not compatible with some devices such as laptop that only has 1 audio jack for both headphone and microphone. Need to buy a separate cable to join the headphone and microphone cable.