Hi guys! Today I’ll be reviewing the Alcatroz X-Craft HP Gold Bluetooth Headset. It’s targeted towards both casual and gaming users since this headset offers a noise-cancellation gaming class mic for regular vlog chat and gaming chat. In addition, this headset offers both wired and wireless option. You can paired it to your smartphone via Bluetooth 4.2 or connect it to your laptop/PC to stream music. Not only that, it comes with a built-in rechargeable Lithium battery, so you will never need to replace batteries or worry about battery leakage. Alcatroz, formerly known as PowerLogic is a new brand under Leapfrog’s catalogue which targets budget-conscious consumers who are looking for affordable and decent quality peripherals such as mouse, headsets, speakers, keyboards, power supply and computer casing. Visit Alcatroz Leapfrog to view the product catalogue. The headset is priced about MYR 99.00~139.00 (USD 19.90 price before tax and shipping)
Note: There are 4 different models of X-Craft HP Gold which are 1000, 2000, 5000,7000 and 8000. All of these have different patterns on the sides but have the same technical specifications and features. All models have pulsating LED that cycles through 7 colors that lits through the semi-transparent patterns on the sides of the headset.
- Power Saving Mode
- Ideal for Gaming Music and Chat
- 7 Colors Pulsating LED
- Noise-cancellation Gaming Class Microphone
- Built-in Rechargeable Battery (300 mAH)
- Talk time and 50% headset volume lasts around 5 hours
- Duo Mode: Switch between wired/wireless mode conveniently
- Extra Bass: 50mm driver deliver quality audio with heavy bass
- Bluetooth Version: 4.2
- Frequency response: 20Hz ~ 20 KHz
- Impedance: 16 Ohms
- Rater power: 20mW
- Driver size: 50mm
- Total numbers of drivers built-in: 2
- Frequency response: 30Hz~16KHz
- Sensitivity: -38 +/- 3dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio: < 60dB
Packaging-1: The front of the packaging displays the brand Alcatroz and a list of features that this headset has to offer, which are pulsating RGB LED lights, power saving mode, noise cancellation mic, built-in rechargeable battery that promises 5 hours of battery life at 50% volume and it utilizes Bluetooth 4.2 technology to stream audio wirelessly. The box has transparent plastic that allows customer to take a peek of the headset from the outside.
Packaging-2: The rear of the packaging displays additional information that this headset provides. The sides of the packaging reveals the technical specifications of the speaker driver and the microphone.
Accessory: The cable length is 1.8 meters. It can be used with the headset if you would like it to be connected to the laptop/PC or use with Bluetooth capable devices when you are on the go.
Design-1: Here is an overview of the headset. The microphone isn’t removable but it can be adjusted to a different location (e.g. placed closer to the mouth or away from it)
Design-2: The headset dual mode switch is located on the left ear-cup top side of the headset. Use this to switch between Bluetooth (wireless), Auxiliary (wired) and enable/disable RGB lighting effect.
Design-3: The headset interface is located on the left ear-cup rear side of the headset. Use this to play/pause/pickup calls/skip music tracks.
Design-4: The inner space of the thick cushion is quite wide that caters different ear size. The cushion is also quite soft to the touch.
Design-5: The provided audio cable is connected on the left side of the X-Craft HP Gold headset.
Design-6: The left side of the headset with the RGB lighting turned on appears pretty to look at.
Design-7: The right side of the headset with the RGB lighting turned on. Both sides shows different colors simultaneously.
Design-8: The top headset band is made out of plastic with X-symbol on top of it. Plastic contsruction makes this headset quite light.
Design-9: The inner side of the top headset band provides thick soft cushions to alleviate the stress pressing down on the head.
- Light-weight, thick soft cushions and non-clamping effect makes it comfortable to wear for a long period of time.
- The side cushions have ample space to cater for different ear sizes.
- Displays vivid RGB lighting that cycles various colors makes it an eye-candy.
- Flexible microphone cable allows positioning close to mouth or out of the way.
- The headset interface to play/pause/pickup-call/skip-track and modify the volume is designed conveniently for user to navigate.
- Provides user with dual modes (wireless and wired) so it can be used with Bluetooth devices such as smartphones and PC/laptop.
- Sound quality and bass is decent for its price.
- Edges are sharp at the X-symbol and the top plastic band which feels uncomfortable when place around the neck. This is not a concern if user wears a collar T-shirt.
- When set at max volume, the sound quality gets distorted. Recommended to keep it below 80% volume.